A fire broke out in a fruit and vegetable market at Chandpole market on Saturday morning, gutting many shops and ten pushcarts. Several shopkeepers and vendors reached the spot after they received frantic phone calls about the fire.
More than 70 shops were gutted in fire. The fruit vendors and market shopkeepers were devastated on getting the news of the fierce fire. The entire goods of fruit and vegetable traders got destroyed in fire. Also, the goods kept in the warehouse were burnt to ashes due to the fire.
According to the Assistant fire officer, Shubham Sharma, “ten pushcarts and a shop were gutted. We reached the scene soon after getting the information and controlled the fire before it could engulf more shops. It is suspected that a short circuit triggered the fire that swept through the pushcarts and engulfed the shop”
The fire tenders quickly controlled the fire. Police teams were also deployed in the area. Fire service officials reached the spot to take stock of the situation. Police said the extent of the damage was yet to be ascertained. The entire scene was heart wrenching.