The Rajasthan government is going to achieve a milestone in the field of health in the capital Jaipur. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot will be laying the foundation of the building of IPD Tower, a unit of the largest government SMS hospital in Rajasthan, on April 5. The concerned officials claim that this is the largest building in the country in any government or private hospital.
The height of this IPD tower will be 116 meters. The building will have 22 floors and a helipad will be made on its top two floors. This will be the first hospital in the state where there will be an air ambulance facility and helicopters will be able to land on the roof.
According to the information, the building will have 1200 beds including 792 general, 150 cottages, 166 ICUs and 92 premium rooms. There will also be 100 OPD registration counters besides 20 operation theatres. Apart from this, many other facilities including MRI, medical science gallery, pharmacy store, and seminar hall will be developed.
Not only this, state-of-the-art machines will be installed here for many types of investigation. For the convenience of the patients coming to this building, 16 lifts will be installed, while parking will be developed on two floors. This entire project will be completed in 2 phases, which will cost about Rs 456.80 crore.
All diseases will be treated under one roof
All the wings of the SMS hospital will be connected to this tower. It will now be convenient to deal with all diseases under one roof as there will be no need to go outside the building for any treatment. This 24-storey IPD tower will be constructed in place of the cottage ward present in SMS Hospital. A new unit will also be set up within it for the treatment of heart-related patients and the students studying here. The building will also incorporate an Institute of Cardiovascular Science. Its foundation stone will also be laid by the Chief Minister on the same day.
These will be the special features
- Medicos Memorial will be built in IPD Tower in memory of the doctors who lost their lives in Corona.
- There will be subsidized cottage wards and private rooms on the lines of AIIMS Delhi and PGI Chandigarh.
- A helipad will be built on the roof for the emergency air ambulance landing.
- A two-storey basement for parking vehicles.
- A theatre and waiting room will be built for the general public.
- 100 registration counters, food outlets and a pharmacy will be available.
- 06 OPD Room, 34 General Bed, 53 ICU, 5 Cath Lab and 3 OT, City Scan-MRI Lab, Cardiac Diagnosis, Hematology will be developed.
- A world-class mortuary will be created.
- A research room and teaching room on the top floor.
Earlier, the hospital had only eight departments with daily arrival of only 300 patients. Now there are 48 departments and around 15 thousand patients arrive daily. For this reason it became necessary to increase the medical facilities.