Jaipur is a city that makes you surrender to its charm in a flash. This city, coloured in different hues of pink is home to several architectural splendours, palatial alleys together with vibrant bazaars, fairy festivals, and natural beauty. Its unique culture, tradition and ethnicity leave travellers spellbound and makes Jaipur as one of the most visited tourist destinations in India. If you are also planning a vacation soon and wondering which is the best time to visit Jaipur and how is the weather in Jaipur, you are in the right place. Knowing the weather of Jaipur is very essential before you plan a holiday to make the most of it.
Well, Jaipur is known to have balanced climatic conditions, which makes it an ideal place for the tourists. Jaipur is positioned in the northern region of India experiences all the four seasons i.e. summer, monsoon, winter and autumn.
The weather of Jaipur varies from a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius in winters to maximum 45 degrees in summers.
Jaipur in Summers (Mid-March to First-July)
Being an arid region, nestled in the desert state of Rajasthan, the weather of Jaipur remains warm for most of the year. The term ‘extreme’ has often been used to specify this weather of Jaipur. The summer season in Jaipur is marked by immense heat and dryness. The average temperature is around 30°C daily. By the mid of March to the first part of July, which is the summer months here, the temperature varies between 25 to 33 degrees Centigrade.
Minimum Temperature: 25°C
Maximum Temperature: 45°C
Summers are scorching hot, and sightseeing wouldn’t be a very pleasant experience. If still, you feel summer as a suitable vacation time for you, make sure you use little precautions. You must wear sunscreens and shades, and carry an umbrella and keep yourself covered using a stole as you step out. Also, carry water bottles to keep yourself hydrated wherever you go. Avoid visiting those places wherein you can get tanned and bruised, instead visit:
- Museums: Visit indoor places like Albert hall museum, Doll museum, City Palace museum, Amer fort with Sheesh Mahal’ inside it and Hawa Mahal you will experience cool winds in its ambience.
- Cafes and restaurants: Jaipur boasts of many pubs, cafes and fine dining restaurants that give you a glimpse of this very beautiful city. You may escape from the hot and cruel weather outside, chilling out at these places.
- World Trade park: Don’t forget to visit this high-end shopping mall known for its extraordinary architectural design. It is a one-stop place for your entertainment needs.
Jaipur in Monsoon (July – September)
Since Jaipur is in the vicinity of Thar desert, the city doesn’t get that much rain. The major monsoon season falls between June to September. The city receives medium rainfall during this period but the temperature remains hot and humid. Though monsoons bring rain but provide no relief and the heat still dominates. However, during August and September, Jaipur experiences frequent and heavy showers and thunderstorms.
Minimum Temperature: 25°C
Maximum Temperature: 38°C
Talking about the monsoons, they are quite hot and humid which isn’t an ideal time to visit too. However, compared to other Indian regions, Jaipur is the best destination for planning a vacation in monsoon. This is because the other regions received heavy rains and are miserably wet while Jaipur receives fewer rains and after slight rains, the city looks much vibrant, greener and cleaner
- Forts: Jaigarh fort, Nahargarh fort, gives you an amazing view of natural beauty during monsoons. You will witness the lush green landscapes all around.
- Gardens: Monsoon doubles the beauty of the gardens in Jaipur. Visit Sisodia Rani Garden, Smriti Van, Central park etc.
- Bazaars: Stroll through the plenty of local shops and bazaars nestled in every lane of the streets. You will love to buy several handicraft items and local specialities that are the best things to shop in Jaipur.
Jaipur in Winters (October – Early March)
October sees the gradual advent of winter. So, the winters step in from October and last till February. During these months the Jaipur weather remains very pleasant and soothing. You can also encounter dense fog cover in early mornings. In winters the climate of Jaipur dwells temperature ranging from a minimum of 13 degrees to 25 degrees. The city is situated at an altitude of 431 meters from sea level and its winter nights are icy cold at times. At such times, you may experience cold waves and the temperatures turn to chilly cold.
Minimum Temperature: 5 ºC
Maximum Temperature: 22 ºC
It is the most ideal time to visit Jaipur as during winters the weather of the city remains mild and pleasant during these months. In winters you can tour and explore the city to the fullest.
- Monuments: There are several popular places such as Jantar Mantar, Rambagh Palace, Abhaneri step-well, Statue circle, Jawahar circle, Patrika gate, Birla mandir, Jal Mahal that is a must-visit in Jaipur.
- Chokhi Dhani: Enjoy the village theme setup with numerous entertaining activities and rich Rajasthani food that is the most loved winter food in Jaipur.
- Nearby places: Places like Pushkar, Sariska, Neemrana, Sambhar lake, Ranthambore are worth a visit. There are several trekking and adventurous spots as well.
Best time to visit Jaipur
From October to February is the peak time when you can savour the unique sights of this stunning, picturesque city. It is an excellent time to visit Jaipur for vacationing, exploring, and indulging in various tourist activities. It is also the best time to visit Jaipur because of the celebration of the major festivals, Dussehra and Diwali. Also, the Kite Festival, Elephant Festival, the Gangaur Festival, the Camel Festival and the Jaipur Literature Festival falls around this period. These festivals showcase the heritage and culture of this great and splendid city and attract tourists from all over India and abroad.
Apart from the weather, there are of course also other reasons people consider to plan their trip. Some people like to avoid the top tourist season while some are comfortable during summers due to their kids holidays. It’s all a matter of individual preferences. You can visit Jaipur at any time throughout the year. You will surely find something to do at each time.
Jaipur Stuff website is aiming to provide all Jaipur information here on this site. Find Jaipur News, things to do in Jaipur, days out in Jaipur, Jaipur attractions and sightseeing, what’s on, shopping, handicrafts, Jewellery, Stones, Jaipur events, tours, restaurants and hotels in Jaipur. Explore Jaipur with useful information and Jaipur NEWS.