Elephant rides and night tourism at Amer Fort will remain closed during Navratri due to the crowd of devotees at Shila Mata temple. This time a special celebration is held at Shila Mata temple and many devotees visit this temple.
Deputy Director of Archeology and Museum Department Krishna Kanta Sharma has issued orders to keep elephant riding closed at Amer fort during Shardiya Navratri from October 14 to October 24. At the same time, tourists will also be able to see Amer Palace only till 5.30 pm and night tourism will also remain closed.
According to the Superintendent of Amer Palace, Pankaj Dharendra, “In view of Navratri, Amer Palace will remain open only till 5.30 pm from 14th to 24th October. Elephant rides will also remain closed during this period. This decision has been taken keeping in mind the safety of tourists and devotees during Navratri. So that the devotees coming to the temple do not have to face any kind of problem.”
For the convenience of tourists, ticket booking arrangements for entering the palace have been made at Singhpol Gate. There will be arrangements for evacuation of tourists from Tripolia Gate.
During Navratri, there will be a special celebration at Shila Mata temple. Mata Rani will be specially decorated for 9 days by the former royal family of Jaipur. During this time, special attire will be worn with jewelry along with flowers. Also, Durga Saptami will be recited for 9 days in the temple premises.
Darshan timings of Shila Mata temple:
- Navratri Ghatasthapana time on Sunday, 15th Oct is at 11:55 am and darshan will be at 12:55 pm.
- Chhath fair at Amer Shila Mata temple on Friday 20th October.
- Nisha puja at Shila Mata temple on Saturday, 21st Oct at 10 pm.
- On Sunday 22nd Oct, Purnahuti at 4:30 pm.
- Navratri Uttapana on Tuesday, 24 Oct at 10:30 am.
- Darshan time from 16th to 23rd Oct is 8 am to 8:15 pm.
- Balbhog, Aarti in the temple at 10 am, Rajbhog from 11 am to 11:30 am.
- Evening Aarti at 6:15 pm, Night Bhog from 7:15 pm to 8 pm, Shayan Aarti at 8:30 pm.
- Amer Shilamata Temple darshan time is from 6 am to 12:30 pm and from 4 pm to 8:30 pm. Shila Mata temple darshan will remain closed from 12:30 pm to 4 pm.