Now getting a learning driving license is not a tough job. The Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Jaipur has finally started the facility for people to get a driving license online right from the comfort of their homes. The procedure takes only 20 minutes.
After the launch of the online learner license system, the applicants will not have to visit the RTO and wait in queues. Under this, you will now be able to get an online learning license from anywhere in just 20 minutes sitting at home. However, it will be mandatory to give a physical driving test to make the learner’s license permanent.
According to Transport Minister Pratap Singh Khachariyawas, “With the launch of this new process, a common man can easily get a learner’s license from anywhere. The entire process would take only 20 minutes. This will not only save the time of the applicant but also reduce the congestion in the transport office.”
Process of making learner license from home
Any citizen of Rajasthan can apply for a learner license on the transport department website.
- The applicant will need to visit the https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- They have to submit their application for a learning license online.
- The applicant has to provide an Aadhar number for Aadhar-based identification verification operated through e-KYC. An OTP (one-time-password) will be generated on the mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Once the identity has been verified, the name, date of birth, permanent address and other information entered in the Aadhar card will be automatically filled in the application.
- The applicant will then be asked to deposit the fee. After the fee is deposited, the application will have to watch a 12-minute video explaining traffic rules. This video will explain the rules that should be followed while driving. This procedure will be followed by an online test.
- After the completion of the video, the applicant will receive an application number and password which will be used for appearing in an online test.
- The online test will contain 20 questions. Of them, at least 12 questions must be correct to pass the test. These 20 questions will come up differently for each applicant. You will be able to apply for the learning license only if you answer 12 out of 20 questions correctly.
- After clearing the test, the applicants can download Learner License through OTP.
The applicant will have to appear in the test within seven days of receiving the application number and password. If he is unable to clear the test in seven days, the applicant would need to deposit the fee again. The fees have been fixed at Rs 200 for first-class and Rs 350 for second class.
The applicant will give the test based on ID and password issued online. If an applicant does not apply according to the address mentioned in the Aadhar card, then he will have to upload documents like date of birth, home address. Along with this, he will also have to upload the original documents for the verification of documents to be eligible for the online test.