Thousands of unemployed protest in Jaipur, Unemployed unified federation today held a maha panchayat in the capital Jaipur, with its demands before the government.
On Monday, with the demands of hike in wages and finalizing all the pending recruitment and new recruitment on vacant posts in all government departments, nearly 2000 unemployed people across the state gathered in the Mahapanchayat held in Jaipur.
This led to a huge traffic jam at Bais Godam in Jaipur. Police tried to lathi-charge on opposing patwaris when they were heading towards the state assembly to demand a hike in their wages.
According to the president of Rajasthan Patwar Sangh, Rajendra Nimmiwal, “We walked from Ajmer to Jaipur to submit proposals, signed by MLAs, sarpanches, former MLAs and MPs, to the state government to raise the wages of the patwaris to 3,600. As we were peacefully heading towards the assembly, police exercised lathi-charge. The police even hit some of us, beat up women patwaris and ripped our clothes.”
“For the last few years, the government is only giving us assurances regarding our demands. Given this, we have come up with the decision of the movement. We have warned that if the government does not agree to the demands by the end of this month, all the Patwari from across the state will boycott the work from March,” he added.
The Patwaris have now announced a boycott of work and have made the martyr’s memorial in Jaipur their picket. The Patwaris have now decided to sit here division-wise. Earlier on Monday, the police administration removed them from Sardar Patel Marg at around noon.
These were their main demands
- A hike in pay grade to 3,600 for L-5 patwaris
- On attaining services for 7, 14, 21, 28 and 32 years, the patwaris should be promoted to the next pay scale
- To prevent paper leak cases and fake degrees be set up in a separate system.
- To issue a toll-free number, a committee should be formed for their complaint.
- Provision of life imprisonment should be made against the convicts involved in these cases.
- Calendar of recruitment examinations should be released and the unemployed commission should be created.
- Responsibility of officers should be fixed for recruitment examinations.
- A rule should be made to take action against the paper sets who have anomalies in the examination paper.
- Third Class Teacher Recruitment – In 2012, the joining should be given to those with more marks at the earliest.
- Releases should be released as soon as possible for the recruitment of 9000 posts including technical assistants in the Energy Department.
- All pending recruitments should be completed soon.
After a huge protest rally on Monday, a 6-member team of Patwaris reached the official residence of the Revenue Minister for talks at around 7 pm on Monday where the delegation had put their demands before the minister, but even after nearly two and a half hours of talks between them, the discussion remained inconclusive.