Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced the Budget for 2019-20 on Wednesday. Several announcements were made keeping in mind every section in the budget. Several announcements were made in the budget, keeping in mind every section of society. From the peasant class to women and from the unemployed youth to the common man.
Highlights of The budget 2019-20
- A relief to the state taxpayers in the budget. No new tax was imposed on the people of Rajasthan. Besides, Rs 300 crore has been given relief in tax proposals.
- 400 new medicines, including Kidney and Heart Cancer along with 104 new medicines will be included in the free drug plan. 90 rather than 70 will be tested free. Senior citizens in the SMS Hospital will be free to check city and other hospitals. Free MRI and CT scan for senior citizens and BPL across the state. Five new trauma centers and 50 new primary health centers will open. Construction of Multi-Level ICU in Jodhpur’s MDM Hospital. To open Mohalla Clinics in the state.
- Rs 1,000 crore farmers’ welfare fund was announced. Farmers will get a short-term loan of 16 thousand crores from cooperative banks. A separate feeder will be established for farmers to provide constant electricity supply at a cost of Rs 5,200 crore. For the interest-free crop loan keeping the scheme in place, the government will get Rs 150 crore. Id of doing farming will be initiated. 100000 agricultural connections will be completed this year. 1 lakh metric ton DAP will be stored for the buyers.
- New education policy will be created for the state. 1581 crores will be spent for school development. 50 new elementary schools will open with more than 14 thousand classes, laboratories will be built, the renewal will be – 1 thousand 581 crores. 500 Secondary Schools will be upgraded to Higher Secondary.
- A new veterinary college will open in Jodhpur. To get rid of the problem of stray cattle, ‘Nandi Shala’ will be built in each gram panchayat. 400 new veterinary sub-centers will be opened.
- 4675 crores for water resources. Proposals worth Rs. 935 crores for 211 large dams. More than 262 crores allocated for irrigation projects. NABARD funds will be utilized to stop additional water from Indira Gandhi Nahar Yojana flowing into Pakistan. Farmers will get solar pump sets under Kusum scheme. For the irrigation facilities in the state, 517 crore works will be done in Karoli, Sikar, Sawai Madhopur Dholpur, in 21 districts.
- 390 villages having more than four thousand population will be connected to the pipeline. 3490 villages will be linked with drinking water schemes, it will cost 950 crores.
- Extra 6 thousand MW of power from conventional sources. Announces New Solar Energy and Wind Energy Policy in the State. Provision of 30126 crores in the energy sector. Use of solar energy technology in more than 1 thousand affected areas of fluoride.
- The use of electric vehicles will be given priority to reduce vehicle pollution. Electoral vehicle policy will be brought to reduce vehicle pollution.
- Proposed proposal of 6 thousand 37 crores for the road. Work to be strengthened under NABARD scheme for strengthening of roads. 333 crores in tribal and desert areas. 927 crores for state highways.
- More than 10,000 deaths per year in road accidents. To prevent the accidents of road accidents, awareness of road safety is needed. For this, a group of ministers will be formed which will suggest.
- Mukhyamantri Rozgar Yojana announced to provide one lakh jobs in the next five years with Rs 1,000 crore assistance.
- Housing Board houses will get a 50% discount.
- The work of the Jaipur Metro will be completed soon. Metro service in Val city starts. Modified DPR of second phase 13 thousand crores of metro network will be formed.
- The elevated road will be built in Jodhpur. Elevated Road will be constructed from Mahamandir to Khaliya. A new zone will be developed for the establishment of subsidiary industries. This will help thousands of people of Barmer-Jodhpur. Guidelines for completion of Pachpadra refinery by 2022.
- Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana will be started in the state, under which the eligible girls will be given 21 thousand rupees as a handicap, the girl will be the 8th pass.
- 10 crores plan for a smart class in madrasas. A career counseling center will be built at a cost of Rs 10 crore in Jaipur. Two excellent coaching centers will open at Sagwara and Udaipur.
- Pan-Masala, complete ban on gutkha will be planned. Rehabilitation centers will be allocated Rs 10 crore.
- National level appeal for Eastern Rajasthan Canal Project. Eastern Canal Plan of 37000 Crore The Center will approve the approval. State Government will provide full support.
- Illegal gravel mining leads to the Ganga of corruption. New policy for gravel mining will be brought. Vigilance Branch will be restructured to prevent illegal mining.
- 765 KV grid substation will be built in Jodhpur. 13 grid substations of 3,132 of 220 KV will be built in the state. There will be 6 thousand sensor sensors at 33 KV substation in 3 years, 500 crores will be spent.
- A cultural center on the lines of Indian International Centre in Delhi to develop in Jaipur. Provision of 20 crores.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has announced the budget for the 6th time. This year, as such, there is no doubt that the government wanted the Budget announcements to be well-liked and popular among the people of Rajasthan. Announcements were made for every section, from farmer welfare scheme to opening job markets for unemployed, the budget has tried to please all. This budget has come as a big relief and raised hopes for creating a new Rajasthan. With the right implementation in practice, the budget could help in getting rid of the issues such as unemployment, slow economic progress, and ongoing financial crisis. It rests entirely on the ability of the existing government to deliver on its promises.