Doctors in Jaipur who were protesting against the state government’s ‘right to health’ bill were thrashed by the police. Police had a brief scuffle with the doctors protesting and marching from Statue Circle to the Vidhan Sabha to besiege the assembly. This became uncontrollable and the police lathi-charged.
It is alleged that the police tore the clothes of many protesters, many have bled to death and also misbehaved with the women doctors. Resident doctors of Sawai Man Singh Hospital also took to the streets against the lathicharge. Nursing personnel have also extended their support to this demonstration. Doctors also took out a candle march at night.
Doctors sitting on dharna after the lathicharge
The operators of private hospitals from all the districts across the state and the doctors providing services in them reached Jaipur on Monday. They took out a rally from JMA Auditorium located at SMS Hospital and traveled to the assembly, but on reaching the Statue Circle, the police intercepted them by placing barricades.
Here there was a dispute between the police and the doctors, after which the police stopped the doctors from moving forward by lathi charge to disperse the agitators. In protest against this police lathi charge, the doctors sat on a dharna yesterday at the Statue Circle itself.
Actually, today this bill will be introduced in the assembly on behalf of the government. The government wants to introduce this bill in any case. Today health services have gone awry in many big cities including Jaipur. The pressure on government hospitals has increased due to the non-working of private doctors
According to Jaipur Association of Resident Doctors (JARD) Narendra Damor, “Today, residents will not work in SMS Hospital and other hospitals attached to it (JK Lone, Zanana, Sanganeri Gate). Apart from Jaipur, resident doctors’ unions from Bikaner, Udaipur, Kota and other districts have also given their support against this bill.
Health services could be severely overwhelmed after residents join the protest. After OPD in private hospitals is affected, treatment of patients in government hospitals will also be affected.
Right to Health will cover all this
- Right to health will also cover damages caused by bio-terrorism (bio-terrorism), biotechnology, natural biological malfunction or biological weapons, bacteria, viruses, toxic substances, bio-products.
- Chemical attack, natural horror, nuclear attack or accident, mass death, loss of life, long-term effect or serious disability on the affected population, spread of viral or toxic substances, gases and The risks involved are included.
- Right to health will give a protective cover of treatment to the health of the people of the state during the epidemic.
- Reproductive health, emergency medical treatment, diagnosis, nursing, rehabilitation, health recovery, research, investigation, treatment, procedures and other services in any method of medical and health.
- All types of government and private institutions, facilities, buildings, places or parts thereof are included in this.
- Indoor, outdoor units, institutions run by government or private ownership, funded and controlled institutions will be included in this.
- Health service providers include health science doctors, nurses, para medical staff, social workers, specialized health providers, nursing, rehab, health recovery, treatment and other health services.
- This will include coordination of laws, policies, programs, projects, technologies, procedures, methods, and means to identify, predict, analyze, and evaluate harmful activities to reduce potential impacts.
- Treatment costs, risks, benefits, alternatives are also included in this.
People will get this in Right to Health
- In Right to Health, every person of Rajasthan will be able to get proper information about the diagnosis, investigation, treatment, future results and possible complications and expected expenses of the disease.
- Out door patients (OPD), indoor admitted patients, doctor’s visit and consultation, medicines, diagnosis, emergency transportation i.e. ambulance facility, procedure and services, emergency treatment will be available through the rules made under the Act.
- The patient will be able to get complete information about the nature of the disease, causes, actual investigation, care, treatment and results, possible complications and expected expenses.
- Patients will be given free treatment by all public health institutions according to their medical care level.
- The private service provider shall provide necessary emergency treatment facilities and intensive care, emergency delivery and treatment without delay during emergency conditions without advance payment of fees or charges.
- If there is a medico-legal issue, the health care provider shall not delay the treatment merely on the basis of receipt of Police NOC or Police Report.
- Patient will have access to documents, test reports, details of treatment and particular wise bills.
- Consent will have to be obtained from the patient or his relatives by giving advance information about surgery, chemotherapy.
- Secrecy, human dignity and privacy will be taken care of during the treatment.
- The presence of a woman will be necessary during the physical test of a female patient by a mail worker.
- The patient will be able to choose the alternative treatment method available.
- Will get the right to get information about the rate and tax of every type of service and facility.
- During the treatment, the sources of taking medicine and investigation can be selected.
- The patient will be educated about the health condition.
- Referral transportation facility will be available from all government and private medical institutes.
- In the case of a patient leaving the hospital or treatment center against the doctor’s advice, the details of the treatment can be obtained.
- Free transportation, free treatment and free insurance cover will be used in road accidents.
- Right to get treatment details and information from the already treating health provider for second opinion.
- Rajasthan government will be bound to make proper provision in the budget for Right to Health.
- The government will include treatment quality and safety measurements and norms.
- Guaranteed Services cannot be denied in any direct or indirect manner.
- Coordination will be done between government departments for providing adequate and safe food for nutrition, provision of safe drinking water, hygiene.
A grievance redressal system will be developed
The government will create a complaint redressal system within 6 months from the date of the commencement of the act. State Health Authority as well as District Health Authority will be formed in every district of Rajasthan. The Autonomous body of the District Health Authority will be formed within 1 month from the date of formation of the State Health Authority.
- The web portal, Help Center will forward the complaints to the concerned officer or observer within 24 hours.
- The concerned officer will respond to the complainant within the next 24 hours.
- If the complaint is not resolved by the officer within 24 hours, then the complaint will be forwarded to the District Health Authority immediately.
- The District Health Authority will take appropriate action within 30 days of receiving the complaint and upload its report on the web portal. The complainant will also be informed. A solution will also be tried by calling the complainant.
- If there is no solution from the District Health Authority within 30 days, the complaint will be forwarded to the State Health Authority.