Congress has released its election manifesto for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections on Tuesday, April 2. The party has made big promises on jobs, NYAY scheme, and farmers distress.
The manifesto was released by President of Congress Rahul Gandhi along with former prime minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi. The much-awaited manifesto is named as ‘Hum Nibhayenge’ or ‘ We Will Deliver’. Rahul Gandhi talked about a range of issues and key points promised in their manifesto. The top promises Congress states in its manifesto are:
- 22 lakh government vacancies will be filled by March 2020 and increasing job guarantee under the MGNREGA scheme from 100 days to 150 days. Also, jobs will be given to 10 lakh youths in gram panchayats.
- A separate Budget for farmers.
- Youngsters will not have to take any permission while setting up a business for the first three years.
- Deployment the Nyuntam Aay Yojana (NYAY) scheme, under which the poorest will get Rs 72000 deposited in bank accounts, yearly.
- 6% of the GDP will go towards education.
- Farmers’ loan default will be considered civil offence not ‘criminal offence’.
- On Jammu and Kashmir issue, Congress has said they would amend armed forces and Armed Forces Special Powers Acts (AFSPA).
- Establishing a strong public healthcare system. The poorest will have access to high-quality health treatment.
- Reviewing and replacing the current GST with ‘GST 2.0’ which will be based on a single and standard tax rate. The GST 2.0 regime will levy a special rate of duty on demerit goods.
- The Citizenship Amendment Bill will be immediately withdrawn which was introduced by the BJP-led government and promised to ensure that no citizen of India is denied inclusion in the final National Register of Citizens.
- The party has restated its promise to introduce 33 percent reservation for women in government jobs.
- Scrapping of NITI Aayog, safeguarding minority status of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) and constitutional status of National Commission for Women (NCW) as well.
Jaipur Stuff website is aiming to provide all Jaipur information here on this site. Find Jaipur News, things to do in Jaipur, days out in Jaipur, Jaipur attractions and sightseeing, what’s on, shopping, handicrafts, Jewellery, Stones, Jaipur events, tours, restaurants and hotels in Jaipur. Explore Jaipur with useful information and Jaipur NEWS.