The scheme to distribute free smartphones to more than 1 crore 30 lakh women of Rajasthan will be launched on August 10. The Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan was announced in the budget this year by CM Ashok Gehlot. In the first phase, 40 lakh women will start getting smartphones with 3 years of free internet data.
The state government will start the work of distributing smartphones under Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan by setting up camps. Separate camps will be held in each district of the state. Only the women head of the Chiranjeevi families will get the benefit of this scheme.
According to the orders issued by the Department of Information Technology and Communication (DoIT), the government will transfer the money to the beneficiary’s e-wallet on the spot for mobile purchases. The government will send the information of the beneficiaries through SMS on their mobiles.
Table of Contents
What is the Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan?
In this scheme, women heads of the family in Rajasthan will be given free smartphones so that they can get information about all the ongoing schemes in Rajasthan and they can be self-sufficient. Under this scheme, free internet data and calling facilities will be given to women for 3 years on their smartphones.
Apart from this, mobile apps of various schemes will be downloaded and given in the smartphone so that women get timely information about all the ongoing schemes in Rajasthan.
How will the phone be given?
In the first phase of Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan, smartphones will be distributed to about 40 lakh women. The government will give 6 thousand 125 rupees for purchasing a mobile. In this smartphone, women will be given free internet data, calling and messaging facilities for 3 years. The women heads of Chiranjeevi families can use the smartphone for free for 3 years.
Counters will be set up
Counters will be set up for mobile choice on the spot.
According to the orders, the beneficiary will have the option to choose the mobile handset. For this, counters of Vodafone, Jio, Airtel and BSNL companies will be set up on the spot. Different mobile companies will also keep their handsets on the counter.
According to the plan, the women will be paid a fixed amount on the purchase of smartphones in their accounts before leaving the camp. The government will pay under DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) in the bank account of women on purchase of mobile. This payment will reach the bank account through UPI within a few moments as soon as the SIM is inserted into the mobile.
What are the eligibilities for Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan?
- The applicant must be a female resident of Rajasthan.
- The applicant woman should have Jan Aadhaar card.
- Female should be the female head of the Chiranjeevi family.
- The annual income of the family should be less than two lakh rupees.
Who will get the smartphone?
- Priority will be given to girls studying in class 9th or above, college students,
- Widows or women living alone
- Pension receiving women
- Women heads of families who have completed 50 days of work under the Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Guarantee
- Women heads who have completed 100 days under MNREGA.
At the government level, a list of 40 lakh women with bank accounts of the first phase has been asked from all collectors. Along with this, his bank account has been made up to schedule for cash payment through UPI.
How will the recharge be done?
For smartphones given to women, the state government will deposit fixed accounts in the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. This amount will be Rs.6800. Rs 6,125 will be given for buying a smartphone and Rs 675 for data recharge. In the first instance, the government will recharge for 9 months. That is, at the rate of Rs 75 per month, Rs 675 will be deposited in the bank accounts of women for 9 months. The beneficiary women will be able to buy a smartphone of their choice with the amount given for buying smartphones. If someone wants to buy an expensive mobile, then they will have to pay the amount above Rs.6125 from their own pocket.
These will be the documents needed
- Jan Aadhar Card of head female
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Chiranjeevi Yojana Card
- SSO ID
How to apply for Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan?
- The beneficiaries to whom mobiles will be distributed in the first phase, will be sent a message on their mobile phones registered in Jan Aadhaar.
- Camps will be organized in municipalities, panchayats, district collectorate offices, government schools, government colleges and other government offices.
- On reaching the camp, KYC will be done first through Jan Aadhaar of the beneficiary.
- After completion of KYC, if there is no e-wallet on the mobile number of the beneficiary, then it will be installed and linked to the bank account.
- Handsets will be shown at the counter of mobile companies engaged in the camp.
- Once the handset is selected, the purchase process will be initiated and the amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s e-wallet on the spot.
- After the amount is transferred, the beneficiary will be able to get the mobile set and SIM card by paying the company.
Along with the distribution of mobile phones to women, they will also be made digitally literate to use them. For this, the government will first prepare 70000 master trainers i.e. Digital Sakhi. A group of 4-4 women will be formed in every Gram Panchayat who will give them every information regarding the phone, right from its distribution to their use.
Benefits of the Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan
The following benefits will be given under Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan 2023.
- Women heads of Chiranjeevi families will be given free smartphones.
- No charge will be given for mobile phones.
- Touch screen smartphones with facilities like internet, dual-sim, bluetooth, hotspot, memory, wifi etc.
- The information app of all the important schemes of Rajasthan will be installed so women will be able to get information and connect with them.
- Women will be given a phone with a price of around ₹ 6100 and a 32GB storage capacity and a 5.5-inch screen.
- Along with mobile, 5 GB data per month for 3 years, unlimited free local and STD calling facility and mobile SIM will also be given free.
- The mobile will have inbuilt apps for various flagship schemes of the state government. At present there are 28 flagship schemes of the government in Rajasthan.
The smartphone also comes with a few conditions that are mandatory to follow. Female candidates cannot sell this phone. This mobile phone will not work if you apply for government schemes and change the SIM. The primary SIM box of the phone will be kept closed. The same SIM will work in the secondary SIM which will be activated and given.
Process to check your name in Free Mobile Yojana Rajasthan Online
- First of all, the candidate has to visit the official website of Chiranjeevi Yojana.
- After this the option of “Search Registration Status” will appear on the home page.
- In this, you have to write your Jan Aadhaar card number and click on search.
- If the name of the woman is in Chiranjeevi Yojana then the name will appear here in the eligibility status.
- If the name does not appear, it means the name is not in the scheme.