If you are planning to purchase an electric vehicle then its a good news for you! The state transport department has finalized the Electric Vehicle Policy. The policy offers exemption in private cars along with discounts on the purchase of public transport vehicles.
Under the policy, the buyer of electric cars will get a rebate of 30 to 50 thousand rupees and SGST on the purchase. While an incentive amount up to Rs 5 lakh will be given to those buying electric buses. Also, SGST will not be levied. The state government will also set up dumping yards for disposing of the battery of vehicles.
Under the policy, a target has been set out for the registration of new vehicles every year. In this, a target of 15 % registration of electric vehicles, 30 % of three wheeler electric vehicles and 50 % of the four wheeler has been set. The department has set a target of registering 35 lakh electric vehicles in five years.
Presently, there is no tax on electric vehicles and exemption on SGST (2.50%). An incentive of 5 to 10 thousand rupees are being given on the purchase of two wheelers and 10 thousand to 20 thousand rupees of three wheelers as per their capacity.
Discount offered in Rajasthan
- 5000 incentive amount will be given on two wheeler.
- Rs 20,000 additional incentive amount will be given on changing petrol-vehicle.
- Incentive amount will be given on 4 to 10 thousand three wheeler electric vehicle and 30 to 50 thousand rupees on four wheeler purchase.
- Incentive amount from 1 to 5 lakh rupees on the purchase of electric buses. This amount will be in kilowatt basis.
While the incentives offered by the Rajasthan transport department will definitely encourage people to buy electric vehicles, many vehicle owners complained that the incentive amount was less than that offered by some other states.
Discount offered in Haryana
- There will be a discount of Rs 3 lakh on a car up to 20 lakhs.
- There is a 15 % discount or Rs 6 lakh on hybrid electric cars between Rs 15 to 40 lakh.
- An electric car of Rs 40 to 70 lakh will get a discount of 15 % or Rs 10 lakh.
- There is 100% exemption in motor vehicle tax on purchase of electric two-wheeler and three-wheeler.