Preparations have started for Janmashtami in Jaipur with the chanting of Lord Krishna. Janmashtami festival will be celebrated on September 7 in the big temples of Jaipur. Special arrangements have been made in Jaipur’s Govind Devji Temple, Radha Damodar Temple, Ladli Ji Ka Mandir, Akshaya Patra Krishna Balaram Mandir and ISKCON temple.
However, this year also there is a confusion of two different dates regarding Janmashtami. Some are celebrating the festival of Janmashtami on 6th and many on 7th September. Know the complete information related to Janmashtami.
Table of Contents
Celebrations at Govind Devji temple of Jaipur
Govind Devji temple of Jaipur is being specially decorated for Shri Krishna Janmashtami on September 7. The deity will be made to wear new clothes. Thakur ji will be made to wear special studded attire. It has been prepared in Rajasthani style. It takes more than a month to make this costume. a special rosary and alankar adornment of the deity will be done.
Darshan will be opened for the devotees after decoration
Devotees will be able to see Govind Devji in 7 tableaux throughout the day. Darshan will be stopped for 10 minutes in between at the time of Bhog. Darshan will open after 31 gun salutes at 12 midnight. After this there will be Shaligram Puja and along with it Panchamrit Abhishek of Thakurji. After that Janam abhishek will be done with 425 liters of milk, 365 liters of curd, 11 kg of ghee, 85 kg of sugar, 11 kg of honey. During this, 6 pundits will recite Vedas.
The procession will start from Govind Devji temple
On September 8, from 9.15 am to 10 am, Shringar tableau will be taken out as part of Nandotsav. In the evening a procession will be taken out to Govind Devji temple. It will go from Govind Devji to Gopinathji temple located in Purani Basti. The deity of the city will go on a city tour. This time devotees will be able to witness the consecration of Laddoo Gopal, Prakatyotsav, birth anniversary, wearing of new clothes along with worship and aarti of the adorable Govind Devji temple of Jaipur,
Aarti timings at Govind Devji temple
Mangala Aarti 4.30 am to 6.45 am 7.30 am to 9.30 am
Dhoop Aarti 9.45 am to 11.30 am
Sringar Aarti Rajbhog Aarti 11.45 am to 1.30 pm
Gwal Aarti 4 pm to 6.30 pm
Evening aarti 6.45 to 8.30
Shayan Aarti 9.15 am to 10.30 am
Tithi Puja and Abhishek from 12 midnight to 12.30
Celebrations at Akshaypatra Temple at Jagatpura
Janmashtami will be celebrated on September 7 and Nandotsav on September 8 in Shri Krishna-Balram Temple located on Hare Krishna Marg in Jagatpura. God will enjoy 108 types of dishes. The bungalow of Lord Krishna-Balram will be decorated with 551 kg foreign flowers. At the same time, the dress for the Lord is coming from Vrindavan. In this dress, diamond-pearl work has been done in the jeweler market of Jaipur Gharana. It has taken more than a month.
The temple administration has made special security arrangements in view of the crowd of lakhs of devotees on Janmashtami. In this, 350 policemen from three police stations, 100 home guard personnel, 250 security personnel and 1000 volunteers will be deployed. Also 200 CCTV cameras have been installed.
Aarti timings at Krishna-Balaram Temple
Mangala Aarti will be performed in the temple at 4.30 am
Shringar Darshan will take place at 7.30 am till 12 midnight
Maha Abhishek and Maha Sankirtan from 10 pm to 12 midnight.
Maha Aarti will be performed at 12 midnight.
Auspicious time of Krishna Janmashtami
Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated on the eighth day of Krishna Paksha in the month of Bhadrapada according to the Hindu calendar.
- Janmashtami on Krishna Paksha will start at 3.37 pm on Wednesday, 6th September and end at 4.14 pm on 7th September.
- Starting from 9.20 am on September 6 in Rohini Nakshatra, it will remain till 10.25 am on September 7.
Auspicious coincidence on this Krishna Janmashtami
This year, an auspicious coincidence is taking place on Krishna Janmashtami. According to the Puranas, Lord Shri Krishna was born in Rohini Nakshatra at 12 o’clock in the night on Bhadrapada Krishna Ashtami. This year also Krishna Janmashtami is falling in Rohini Nakshatra. In such a situation, this coincidence is considered very rare and special. It is said that Lord Krishna was born at midnight. This is the reason why the festival of Janmashtami is celebrated at night. Therefore, Janmashtami will be celebrated on Thursday, 7th September.
Worship like this on Janmashtami
According to the Puranas, on the day of Janmashtami, Devaki suffers from the pain of childbirth. Because of this, people observing fast also observe this day by fasting. When Lord Shri Krishna appears in Rohini Nakshatra at midnight. After that the fast should be broken with water and fruits.
- On this day give bath to Laddu Gopal with saffron mixed milk. Doing this brings happiness and prosperity in the house. Blessed paddy grows.
- You go to Radha Krishna temple and offer a garland of yellow flowers to Lord Krishna and Radha Rani. This increases the chances of financial gain in life. Financial problems are removed from your life.
- Apart from this, if you wish, you can go to the temple on this day and offer yellow clothes, yellow fruits, yellow sweets to Lord Krishna.
- On the day of Shri Krishna Janmashtami, light a ghee lamp near the Tulsi plant. By doing this, happiness and peace remains in the family. Everyone present in the house gets success and progress.
- Bringing an idol of Laddu Gopal made of eight metals on the day of Janmashtami is auspicious. It is said that keeping an idol made of eight metals of Laddu Gopal in the house destroys diseases and defects. Apart from this, it is said that Lord Shri Krishna himself resides in the Ashtadhatu idol.