Amidst the already ongoing night curfew, the Gehlot government has decided to impose weekend lockdown from 6 pm Friday to 5 am Monday in the wake to put a brake on soaring cases. The restrictions will be the same as lockdown.
All the efforts to control the corona in the past few days went in vain. Due to this, the government finally had to move towards weekend lockdown. The Gehlot government has decided to impose lockdown in a meeting held late at night on Monday.
But during the weekend lockdown, voting in three by-elections will be allowed. Services such as fruits and vegetables, milk, LPG and banking services will be exempted from the lockdown. Except for these, the rest of the services will remain closed throughout the state on Saturday and Sunday.
Gehlot shared a tweet on Thursday, “Earlier the cases of the corona were seen increasing in 17 districts of the state. In a few days, the infection has spread rapidly in all other districts as well. Now, 6,658 new cases of corona have come up in the state and there have been 33 deaths till now.”
“So, a strict decision has been taken to inflict a weekend lockdown. If harsh steps are not carried on time, the situation can get worse and as severe as other states. It is a request to common people to cooperate and follow Covid appropriate behaviour,” he added.
The government had issued a new guideline on April 14 which will also be implemented on Friday evening. They will come into effect from 6 pm on Friday. The new guideline includes restrictions such as putting a lockdown in all cities from 6 pm to 5 am, shutting down all school colleges, coaching, seating 50% passengers in public transport.
These services will be exempted in weekend lockdown
- Relaxation in activities related to voting in the three constituencies, where by-elections will be held on Saturday.
- Fruit-vegetable, milk, LPG and banking services.
- Factories with continuous production or with night shift.
- Chemist shops, IT companies, offices related to essential and emergency services.
- Passengers arriving from the wedding ceremony, medical services, workplace, bus station, railway station and airport.
- Goods transporting vehicles, people engaged in loading-unloading, others permitted by the government.
Jaipur Stuff website is aiming to provide all Jaipur information here on this site. Find Jaipur News, things to do in Jaipur, days out in Jaipur, Jaipur attractions and sightseeing, what’s on, shopping, handicrafts, Jewellery, Stones, Jaipur events, tours, restaurants and hotels in Jaipur. Explore Jaipur with useful information and Jaipur NEWS.