The Government of India has issued a ‘One nation, one ration card‘ scheme for the citizens. To avail, the benefits people are required to link their Aadhaar card with all major documents including Ration Card. The deadline of ration card Aadhaar linking is December 31 2019.
Ration card has been used by many households for obtaining food grains and fuels at subsidized prices. Also, it is the oldest residence proof in the country. Ration card Aadhaar linking will ensure that deserving people are not deprived of the benefits and prevent fraudulent cases. This card will make sure that the holder benefits from all the government schemes. The centre has also asked individuals to link their Bank account details, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, and Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card.
The scheme will start next year from 1st June.
According to the Union minister, Ram Vilas Paswan, “This scheme will make it necessary for the contractor to promote Customer Satisfaction and will curb the arbitrariness of ration shopkeepers. After June 1, 2020, any ration card holder can buy his share of grain at a cheaper price from a ration shop anywhere in the country. It has been implemented at various places in about 14-15 states of the country.“
Benefits of ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’
- Ration card customers will be able to buy ration from any of the ration shops in the country.
- It will reduce the number of fake Ration Cardholders who are enjoying subsidies which are otherwise meant for the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- After linking Aadhaar with Ration Card, families will not be able to possess multiple ration cards on the basis of fake details.
- Once Aadhaar is linked with Ration Card, fraudulent activities will be prevented.
- PDS shops will be able to identify the genuine beneficiaries and streamline the benefits due to the biometric enabled distribution system.
- Diversion and leakage of PDS ration can also be controlled.
- Aadhaar card creates an audit trail in the Public Distribution System, thus identifying and eliminating corrupt middlemen and adding efficiency in the framework.
An individual needs to submit the following documents while linking Aadhaar to Ration Card.
- A photocopy of Aadhaar cards of all family members along with the originals for on-site verification.
- A photocopy of the Ration card with the original.
- A photocopy of Bank Passbook if your Aadhaar is not linked with your bank account
- Passport size photographs of the family head.
How to link the Aadhaar with ration card
You can link your ration card with Aadhaar either by online or offline mode as per your convenience.
● Online procedure to link the Aadhaar card to your ration card
- Visit the official Aadhaar linking website and click on “Start Now”.
- Enter the address details along with district and the state you live in.
- Choose the benefit type as “Ration card” from the options provided.
- Select the scheme name as “ration card”
- Enter the details like ration card number, Aadhaar number, email address, and mobile number.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the mobile number which you have entered in the form.
- Enter the OTP to complete the application process. You will be notified about the completion of the application process.
- After this, the application will be verified. Your Aadhar card will be linked to your ration card after the successful verification of the application.
● Offline procedure to link the Aadhaar card to ration card
- Visit the nearest Public Distribution Shop (PDS) center or Ration Shop.
- Submit all the above mentioned required documents in the Public Distribution Shop (PDS) or Ration shop.
- The representative available at the Ration shop might ask you to put your finger on the biometric machine for first-time Aadhar authentication.
- Once the documents are submitted, an SMS notification will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now when the submitted documents are successfully verified by the authorities, you will be notified of the successful linking of Aadhaar card with the Ration card.
Jaipur Stuff website is aiming to provide all Jaipur information here on this site. Find Jaipur News, things to do in Jaipur, days out in Jaipur, Jaipur attractions and sightseeing, what’s on, shopping, handicrafts, Jewellery, Stones, Jaipur events, tours, restaurants and hotels in Jaipur. Explore Jaipur with useful information and Jaipur NEWS.