Good news for movie lovers who have been waiting to watch their favourite films on the big screen. The Jaipur cinema halls are expected to reopen in the city. Center, on Wednesday, issued guidelines regarding the opening of multiplexes and cinema halls.
After the coronavirus outbreak, the movie theatres, which were closed from the last six months, are now ready to reopen from October 15. The screening will start again with 50 percent seating in light of the social distancing.
The owners of the theatres are rejoicing after the announcement of the decision. They have already started the prepping to reopen as per the guidelines. The centre has released Standard Operating Procedures for the working of cinema halls to prevent the transmission of novel Coronavirus. The guidelines include social distancing, wearing of masks, and regular sanitization.
However, some of the theatre owners have concerns about the releases and footfall. Due to the pandemic, they have incurred huge losses. Although they are happy with the decision, this time they don’t have any big-budget Diwali and festive releases. Still, the reopening of cinemas will help them to come back. Where most of the people have chosen the OTT release. There may be less footfall at the cinema halls. In such a situation, they are only left to release Hollywood movies that are not yet released in India.
Jaipur cinema halls reopening guidelines
- Everyone working there or coming to the cinema to have their masks on every time. Everyone is mandatory to follow respiratory and hand hygiene. Theatre staff should have the proper equipment such as gloves, boots, masks, and PPE.
- Air conditioning in theatres shall be maintained between 24-30°C. While the relative humidity is required to be in between 40-70 per cent.
- All theatres and multiplexes will start with 50 percent of the seating capacity.
- Everyone including the staff members will be examined thermally at entry and exit points. Symptomatic people shall not be permitted in the cinema.
- Hand sanitizers will be organized at all entrances and exits. People have to enter and exit the theatre in a row and avoid crowding.
- There will be sufficient time between two shows, be it a single screen-cinema or a multiplex.
- Seating arrangements shall follow the norms of social as well as physical distancing. Marks will be made on the floors of the cinema for people to avoid bunching.
- Bookings and payments for tickets will be made online and in advance. Food and beverages can be bought via cinema apps/QR codes. There are restrictions for the staff to not deliver food inside halls.
- After every screening, the hall will be completely sanitised before the next show. Not only the halls, other places including staircase, washrooms, waiting rooms shall also be frequently sanitised.
Jaipur Stuff website is aiming to provide all Jaipur information here on this site. Find Jaipur News, things to do in Jaipur, days out in Jaipur, Jaipur attractions and sightseeing, what’s on, shopping, handicrafts, Jewellery, Stones, Jaipur events, tours, restaurants and hotels in Jaipur. Explore Jaipur with useful information and Jaipur NEWS.